This week I worked on many projects for small amounts of time. I worked with Ben helping him assemble the float, I helped get people onto the server, I worked on the typewriter, and I experimented with a new kind of gripper.
I tried building the docker container for arm, I keep on running into different problems with this. Docker buildx is saying that it is not able to connect to the
I decided that I will make an install shell script so that it can be quickly installed on a Raspberry Pi.
In the shop we used to use a broom holder. It uses a very clever mechanism to grip regularly shaped objects. It has a rubber piece with two sides that get closer to eachother gripping an object.
It is an increadibly simple mechanism that we can use for tasks that would otherwise require a mechanical gripper simply by putting it on a pole.
I plan on doing a proof of concept test by putting the mechanism on the robot and seeing if we have enough thrust to attach to the PVC pipes.